Friday 19 June 2009

Stop Knocking Microsoft everyone!!!!!

I am a huge Windows fan so I was very excited when I heard that there was to be a new operating system being released at the end of this year.

Some of you may look at that statement and say I am completely mad as I know there are a lot of people out there who absolutely hate the operating system, but actually I think that it is a hell of a lot better than some people say. I must admit that Vista was a bit of a disaster, it was half finished when released and it has taken all this time to release a decent service pack, but I think that half the people that moan about vistas basic problems are the ones that don’t know how to use the operating system properly.

For example, the long running joke about vista asking permission to ask permission can be avoided if you know where to turn this off (user account control by the way) but the people moaning about it do not realise that. Permissions issues with drives are sorted if you run the correct updates and if you bother to run service pack 2 then the slow vista that you all know will disappear, replaced by a new faster vista!
I often hear techies banging on about how good their UNIX based operating systems are and how they are just as good as Uncle Bill’s efforts, but how many of you have actually installed a free Operating system and run it side by side Windows, because if you do, you will soon realise that they are actually worlds apart in both functionality and compatibility.

They are slower (yes they actually are slower at processing tasks) and the free applications that everyone bangs on about cannot touch the likes of Microsoft Office.
And what about if you want to play games? How the hell are you suppose to because most of the time you can’t. Now I know what some people will say, it’s all about market share, well that’s life, if your operating systems were much better then Microsoft then they would have taken over by now, especially if they are free......

If you have a different opinion on this (and I bet most of you will) then let me have it. But the bottom line is that Microsoft deserves more credit for changing the way we use computers, but it will never get it.

Resources;
IT Support London based company that I work for which provides both Linux and Windows support. I would admit that we fix more windows related problems, but it is all about percentages.

No comments:

Post a Comment